Summer is over and Fall is knocking on our doors. Get your home ready for Fall (& Winter) with the easy to follow checklist.
- Inspect and clean gutters and downspouts. This is a great tip to keep in mind year round. As debris collects in your gutters it can effect the way that water drains off of your roof. Make sure downspouts are pointed away from your home and are long enough to keep the water from flowing to your foundation.
- Seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors with weather stripping. Stop those cold drafts from getting into your house before they start.
- Inspect your roof for problems. Check for curled or missing shingles, leaking vents, etc.
- Drain and winterize outdoor faucets and sprinkler systems
- Replace your furnace filter before turning the furnace back on for the year. You should change your filter at least twice during the winter season.
- Test smoke detectors and CO detectors, replace the batteries twice a year.